Your Ad Could Be Here

Big Birthday Disaster

i saw this guitar somewhere that looked like it had been in the hall of mirrors ...it didnt look playable at all but it was amazing! im sure i couldnt afford it but does it ring any bells with any one?

Edited by tinam

• 1 month later...

omg i got a 2 replies 6 weeks after i posted this! this is a funny forum!

haha yes it is very cartoony but sooooo unusual dont you think? ....ive seen someone playing it & the strings actualy go in a diffrent direction to the fretboard so near the body the bass string is not even on the fretboard but no one plays it down there so it doesnt matter

its sposed to play realy well & the guy who makes them has done a lot of crazy shaped ones....ive never seen anything like it

i realy thought people would be interested?

does anyone here play ibanezs?

this thread probly doesnt make sense anymore since i edited it but i was sposed to have a dream guitar for my birthday but the roof urgently needed doing & the money had to go on that so that was the big birthday disaster

Sorry to hear that. It sucks when things like that happen I hope things will work out for ya.

I have an old Ibanez Artist I got in the late 70's. I don't play it though.

I mostly have Kramer (all Strats) Love EM, Washburn (awesome Guitars CHEAP) and Gibson/Epiphone (Explorer & LP's) What can I say? Oh yea and a Jackson/Charvel I think C4

One of the best Guitars I own cost me $80. It's a Chinese Copy of a Telecaster by Trinity River.

It Plays and sounds Unreal Good but weighs about 11 lbs.

You can't go wrong with Ibanez though. A lot of major players use em.

The newer ones have that new Tremlo deal (I would like to see how they stand up).

Good Luck to Ya,

EJB

Edited by EJB

hey thanks for the reply EJB..... basicaly i loved my  ibanezs but they were cheap ones & id love to get another one & im thinking if i pay  a lot more i will get one with all the bits i loved & none of the bits that went wrong?

i had a washburn years ago but i didnt like it.....actualy i feel terrible about it ....i sold it to a friends son ....but i got my hubbie to take the pickups of of it first & wire them on the ibanez i had then :sneaky2: ....confession time!! 

Re JS,,,, They are expensive and honestly I don't think they are worth the money.  If you are looking around for a js satriani first think about an S model it has the same slim profile.

The S series was released at the same time as the original RG series. It has the same slim contoured body as a JS and the new ones have the new ball bearing trem system. Meaning longer life then the older knife edge system

I've had ibby's in the past and they weren't my cup of tea. Granted that was many many years ago. Nonetheless a lot of my friends on other forums have returned new ones due to a myriad of reasons.

hey  thanks for that tappermike ... that is the sort of second opinion i was looking for & it was the tremolo that let my last ibanez down evrytime

ive had 2 of them & they were cheap but special to me & thats what im clinging onto as important realy :)