Your Ad Could Be Here

J Franke Band Reinvented, 1 Song Per Week For One Year

• Noob

Hello, i am J Franke of the J Franke Band.  

While i am not new to the songwriting scene, I've been relatively unsuccessful in my own eyes for the last several years.  i play guitar and had an aversion to electronic sources of music until late.  i felt that it was cheating and that i was not relying on my creativity for the song if i were to let electronics assist.  then one day while listening to a song by a very popular artist that i despise, i listened to his lyrics or lack thereof and the almost unpresent melody and thought about how many people loved this song.  that's all i want anyway, is for someone to enjoy my music.  i thought about how little effort it would take to make a song of this quality and i let myself go.  suddenly i was cranking out lyrics and melodies that i was actually proud of, several each day.  i challenged myself to write 52 good songs that i would be proud of and release them online each week for the next year.

i know this is not a traditional introduction but as i am trying to reinvent myself as an artist i feel that this is the best way to present myself.

i want to challenge everyone else to try what i am trying.  maybe not the same parameters but try to write and record as many songs as you can.  you might find that you accidentally push out one that everyone loves.  

you can follow my progress on sound cloud or bandcamp, look for the links below, it is a collective album that won't be officially complete until april of 2015 with a title of "Son."  as of right now there is only one song released entitled "innocence" but look for more every week.

i'm not in this for the money so it's all free (i think band camp has a monthly limit of free downloads though)

you can also find my older stuff on there for free as well.

would love to hear if anyone else is doing the same and i would like to follow you as well.

drfranke.bandcamp.com  

soundcloud.com/jfrankeband

Hi JFrankeBand,

I'd like to be able to write a song a week, though it won't happen, I'm struggling to write songs, period. 

Lots of talented members here, enjoy :bounce:

Welcome to Songstuff.

KaGy :ninja:

Hey JF - I think that's a great intro and merits a clapping smiley, if I could find it :lol:

Here's some basics for how here works - you should find this more than acceptable as I'm reading you as being a giving back / karma type of guy :yes:

Lyrics for critique go in lyrics critique, can go in the members, anything offensive put in parental - and we have a poetry section too :) But for each that you post, you need to critique at least two posted by other members (give back, help and to most peoples astonshment, 'learn a lot' in doing so :w00t: )

If you just want to showcase your collection of lyrics, find that in Showcase (no feedback)

If you want to showcase your songs, again no feedback, Showcase again.

If you have songs you want critique on, the production etc, we have space for that too - again watch for the 2 for 1 (fire sale :lol: ) rule :yes:

And so on.

I think, but don't know if you've time, that fully utilising the personal blog setup available within Songstuff (that does get links picked up outside), would be an excellent "Showcasing" of a year in your life, especially with the exciting year you plan to have :yes:

You may have picked up, there's a lot of things available to you here, so take 'some' time to wander and discover them all :yes:

And most of all, ENJOY yourself