Your Ad Could Be Here

My Mind Was The Island

My mind was the island, my words the sea.

I pushed waves of foam and spit and great sound to the far horizons.

I did not long for other lands; my water would not lap unto other shores,

No boat meant to moor on my failing sands.

Lead night dropped with sudden reminder of the vast distance between the sand and the sea. Sank its claws into unfathomable trenches, dug itself into the safety of my loneliness.

I wished to steal the stars, drag them down, count them all and write them into the blank of some pages.

I wished to sink the sky and enumerate its miracles, rip and sear it with endless sea and salt.

It was then that I found you wet naked loss of breath but full of sound.

You drank deep of the sea.

Stuttering chanting blindly and longing to land on any shore;

I breathed deeply and swallowed you whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thefool

Really deep and very creative with some really awesome lines!!....This is the kind of poetry I like to read and hopefully I write as well...full and imaginary...with drama and dreamscapes that you create in your mind...leaving one to guess is it real or imaginary....it's amazing how the mind works and what it interprets.....leaving it up to the reader to read on and take the same wave experience that you are feeling!!...and I did take that ride!!...thank you..regards Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Reading this I imagined this as mermaid's tale  (or should that be tail)  about a sailor. 

I love all the imagery you have created.

Nice work  :)

Jan

Archived