Your Ad Could Be Here

At Night While We Slept (By Emelia, Aged 6)

I usually only post songs... but today my daughter (Emelia aged 6), wrote this poem. I was kind of shocked by the standard, especially as she's still learning to read and write.

So like one of those annoyingly proud parents... I'm shouting about it.... ;) .

At night,

While we slept,

The snow crept out of the sky and blew its white breath,

Over doorsteps and sills,

Gardens, fields and hills.

We woke to find a world turned white.

Overnight.

Hi,

I would be a very proud parent too.

This is so inspiring especially for a six year old. Amazing talent.

Bless her

Kevin

Hi,

I would be a very proud parent too.

This is so inspiring especially for a six year old. Amazing talent.

Bless her

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I will pass that on! :)

Wow!  Thanks for sharing this.  Your daughter is obviously freakishly brilliant for her age - hell, for any age.  Run my lyrics past her from now on for her feedback?   :)  Seriously though, I'm sure mom and dad recognize she's gifted and will encourage and nurture Emelia's intellectual and artistic development - at least until she's an angry teenager who hates the world and resents the both of you "just because."    ;)

David. Yeah it freaked me out. The use of words didn't seem usual for a 6 year old. And it happened just a few days after her teacher had told us she was behind the other kids in her class with reading and handwriting.... My wife and I had been discussing what we should do....and then Emelia presented us with this.

She already does that teenage thing....

Thanks mate. I will pass on your praise. She is thrilled that I'm showing it to my songwriting friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!!..

That is very impressive!!...to be able to put feelings and thoughts and give them such powerful phrasing is an adult concept...but to find this was written by a six year old makes it that much more profound!...yes, truly a gift for you to encourage and nurture for sure!!.......regards Mike  

Archived