Your Ad Could Be Here

Where Have You Gone

J Morrison Jan 2015           alzheimer's the thief  who steals  something more precious then gold . memories

where have you gone

it started with little things

your keys, your cell your purse

slowly but to quickly

it started getting worse

then one day it happened

you were gone but still here

but I stood right by your side

as you just disappeared

when I come to see you

I  wear my false smile

to hide the way I'm feeling

way down deep down inside

there is no hello hand wave

no glad to see me here

only sadness fills my heart

because you have disappeared

where is the mother of our kids

my lover in the night

is she deep within you still

lost somewhere out of sight

sometimes a light comes on

and once again you're here

but all to soon it's off again

and you have disappeared

you are here but you're gone

but Ill keep your memories

I'll take  and  pass them on

so every one can see

locked inside your mind

is all we hold so dear

as long as we remember

you will never disappear

as long as we remember

you will never disapear

In my life, just as in other's, I suspect, there are things that go bump in the night and scare the bejeezus out of us. You have put my fears to word. Emotion; happy, sad, fear, mad, love, hate and on and on. Now that's what writing lyrics are about (for me). And sometimes we HAVE to write about the things we fear or love because life gives no guarantees and is oh, so precious. Thank you.

Dan

thanks for the read . this has been  a subject on a different site and just added my thoughts , had a friend who's mother, someone I knew from childhood

suffered , well she did not the family did ,  having your mother not know who you are is suffering I am sure .

john

Hi John

Heartbreaking to read- but beautifully written as you and (they) go through the process of this terrible disease-it's so sad to see someone you love who was once so vibrant, it's painful to watch their decline when there is nothing you can do- Azheimer's is such a dibilitating disease to the patient diagnosed and to the family dynamic going through the process...you have put the word out there and we are all better informed because of it!...Thanks for sharing..regards Mike

Mike

thanks for reading

this just came from no-where . I wrote it on the fly as they say , wrote it here not on paper it fell onto the page a couple of lines changed after but apart from that . it is as came to my mind .

john

John

Some of the best poems come spur of the moment or on the fly- free of judgements and rewrites- good for you, keep them coming!...regards Mike

i was gonna write a comment but i forgot what i was gonna write :)

actullay i can relate to this...i had a stroke 18 months ago and i do something and 15 seconds later i couldn't remember if i did it or not...

DD

thanks for reading and reply .hope you are getting better . friend of mines mother just had a stroke last month . only thing I can say which is no help at all but

where there is life there is hope . and things will hopefully get better

john

DD

thanks for reading and reply .hope you are getting better . friend of mines mother just had a stroke last month . only thing I can say which is no help at all but

where there is life there is hope . and things will hopefully get better

john

thank you john...

i was real lucky...no external damage...lost 80% of my kidneys though and had short term memory loss for about 6 months...and a few other things as well...but it could have been a lot worse...

denny

• 2 months later...

This was gut wrenching. I worked in the nursing field for over fifteen years, with Dementia patients and I can feel the anguish in your write. The most gripping part for me...

"where is the mother of our kids

the lover in the night

is she deep within you still

somewhere out of sight"

I nearly started crying at this point. This to me said it all and it was very powerful. 

Thank you for this share.

Rebecca

thanks Rebecca

this subject has come closer to home lately .

john

Breath-taking, I must say.  That was a punch to the chest, so apparently you did your job as a writer, and superbly so.

--Pat

thanks Pat

glad you liked it . it is a bit sad ,

john

Archived