Your Ad Could Be Here

It's Ready ... Oh No It's Not

Anyone else proof read, sing, proof read it's ready .... just to post and see edits needed ASAP. Nothing to do with tech. Just seeing it out there or something!! Almost everytime .. Pressure ...... Whewww!!!

P

Edited by Peggy

• Editors

Yup I feel that way too.

Most of the times, when I do proof read I tend to change what I'd previously written to make it better.

With songwriting though, I refrain from doing a lot of edits after the song is written but instead, spend a lot of time during the first write. Rewrites are important but I try to be thorough enough to not let rewrites happen. That's just me.

Proof reading is critical. We have the same issue when drafting articles for the site. Or blog posts. Lol

Have you created a blog on Songstuff yet Peggy?

Hi John,

Well not sure how I miss things after 100 proofs, but I do some how..and I know better. Maybe just getting too excited to post my lyrics .. unforced error :)

No blog yet... (is this post in the wrong place?)

Peggy

Yup I feel that way too.

Most of the times, when I do proof read I tend to change what I'd previously written to make it better.

With songwriting though, I refrain from doing a lot of edits after the song is written but instead, spend a lot of time during the first write. Rewrites are important but I try to be thorough enough to not let rewrites happen. That's just me.

Welll, I only wish I was that capable and i probably need to let them sit a before another look. I always think though "I'm ready I got it" ..but,. I still have a ways to go and oops ... still needing edits and rewrites. I need to check out some of your work :)

Peggy

Edited by Peggy
  • Like 1