Your Ad Could Be Here

Aimless

Aimless

What if-it happens like this- I come undone-aimless-got no point-or-purpose

always lost in direction-with no flow-I am fitful- heaven sake-find me irresolute

what to think- a blame game- I am afraid to blink-erratic-misdirected-left on hold

feeling so cold-I am unloved- I am wait-ing-ready to flounder-got no points to ponder

without-wonder-don't ask me-the deeper questions-as I seek another destination

for me-ready or not-got no-fight-or feel- inside of me- be it-aimless-color it deep blue

cut to the root-bleed-or mend -heal-whatever the cost-pretend- whilst I twist the truth

keep me down on my knees-slowly peel back the layers- a scant window view-my prayers

for regarding mistakes made-my confessional time or maybe not- call it random- I strayed

betrayed from the middle of the line- for I am the mystique-a piquant flavor-to savor-maybe

or not-everyone's palette taste- still I am served best- hot or cold -I am-I am-aimless-I am

a blank space without words- meaningless- crazy-random-having no order- cast me unsettled

deep within- lost my religion -faith gone-many times-tattooed- on my lips-some idea- I conceived

lost in concept-I am- made indecisive-unexplainable-a feeling- unpredictable- pointless-little white lies

bold-told- betrayed the truth-fallen aimless-the child of chance-having no value-give in-be fickle

once a fanciful-I am hell-bent-flighty-heir apparent-accidental- a wanderer-blind-to whatever end

every choice-I made- whatever keeps me going- be it real or fake- I am compromised-haphazard

I am who I am-who I am-- capricious, unplanned-raked over the coal-my story-told-ready to defend

By Michael Perry

Mike

when I get to the bottom of this think I will like it ,at the moment rereading it a couple more times it is growing on me . trying to figure out is it a confection? a note of self pity/ loathing ? or a letter to the one who hurt you/us ?

will keep reading and hopefully find the meaning.

john

Hi John

Thanks for stopping by and posting- first off this is not in the original format that I intended- whenever I post- it tends to lump-bunch up the words (on songstuff) - in this case maybe it is for good- as it showcases the word choices I have made- in a hectic- free-feeling overwhelmed-random format- which seems to work- my original idea was one of feeling unloved- not appreciated- so I started with that premise- then with each stanza I wanted to rhyme- to make it feel more like rap - give it an updated feel- while keeping it coherent and worthy- I had not posted in a long time(maybe you noticed?) so I wanted to start with this one and expand from there!...trust me they get better (lol) my experience (for everyone to read) laid out in writing(giving it another shot!!) . Now all I need is an audience!!.So thanks for starting the conversation!!..regards Mike

Archived