Your Ad Could Be Here

My Tribute- Andre' Crouch Tune

starise

Well .....religious songs go over on soundcloud like a lead balloon....so I knew going into this that this tune was jumping outside of my chosen genre and  not likely to be engaged or understood by the majority...but that's ok with me :) I did it for the fun of it. I like songs like this with an old negro spiritual vibe to them....so I recorded it very simple...just me and the piano.

I can't explain it, but it just felt good to do this one...a relief..an outlet...I'm not sure .

Pretty cool stuff. Tim.  Wish I could play the piano.  It sounds awesome and recorded so crisply.  Was this a midi piano?  I am guessing it is the real thing, but midi is so good now, that sometimes it is hard for me to tell.

Vocally also superb!!  Take it on the road man.  Wonderful.

Only small small small small nit.  Let that piano ring out at the end, it was cut off to abruptly.  Two thumbs up!

Dave

Larry- Thanks for listening!...I did this one in my church a few weeks ago. I am a church music leader or worship leader ,WL for short (unpaid volunteer - you get what you pay for).....please don't tell them how bad I misbehave here :)

Dave- Thanks man! This was originally recorded from my roland keyboard as both a midi and an audio file. I took the midi file and loaded it into "Alicia's Keys" in Komplete 10 and then mixed some of the audio from the original roland piano. I intentionally kept the piano part very simple.

Thanks for your comments and that nit...I'll look into that.

Tim, I always loved that song.  You did a great job.  I play guitar and sometimes bass for our church song service. I've got to learn the piano...I have a keyboard and know some chords, just need to get after it.  This song has inspired me to go and do it. The thing I like about piano is that you don't have to be awesome at it (not saying you aren't) to sound good.  

Tony

Matthew- Thanks for listening Matthew. I realize this probably wasn't your cuppa. I appreciate it!

Tony- Good for you! Thanks for your comments! I'm glad I'm not the only one here who plays at church. I wish you well on learning the piano. Some people look at piano like a difficult instrument to learn. I never seen it that way. Everything is right there in front of you...not like say playing a violin where you need to memorize where the notes are...no frets..or a flute where you need to simultaneously regulate wind pressure ,lip  position and fingerings ( while not watching) to make the notes.