Your Ad Could Be Here

Losing interest in playing

I'm not in it for financial gain.  I've led a little bit of the life and it's not for me.  I'm a hobbyist who occasionally likes to share what I have to offer with the world.  

As for the professional life... Done that, been there.

4d61bbbc124c5e457b28fbe074f8471f.jpg

Edited by TapperMike

Hi all! My name is Roberto, I'm Italian. Mike, I perfectly understand. It's happened to me too when I decided to change direction to my music career. I worked for an important Japanese Music Company (Avex Trax) together with 2 of my friends... we made eurobeat and dance music... but after 30 years performing and producing the same genre I really needed to deal with other styles... style that I like and I feel.

Ok! I started my solo career sure that the little fame I obtained during all those years could help me. I was totally wrong! My old fans have not appreciated so much this change and most of them didn't support me... I should conquer the heart of new fans with new genres I had never made in my career. So I fell into depression and I stopped to make music for more than 1 year. 

Then I thought "music is my life. I can't give up  at all!". So I started to write new songs... 6 songs - 6 different genres... and this July I published my first EP as an indie artist... More or less I learnt how moving in this new world for me. But now I work with enthusiasm! It doesn't matter if the sales are not good like in my former music life, but the pleasure to be heard and appreciated pays all my efforts!