through thick and thin and no matter the weather

always do what makes makes your heart warm

happiness will shelter you through the cold of the storm

love can be aggressive like a great thunderstorm

love can leave you unaware like fates chloroform

above all else love is a platform to transform

its reform brings you to perform with peace in uniform

Hi Leupo

One of the things I love about writing poetry, is that we as writers each have a very unique voice- and with poetry, uniqueness and individuality are embraced.   You and I have probably experienced the same issues or felt and dealt with the same topics, after reading your poem "Search For Love" we may write it differently but our experience is universal- our perspective is the poetry and the topic becomes universal and relatable to the audience which draws them into your words- that's what poetry does, so thanks for sharing!  Embrace your talent and keep writing, I will be reading!.  regards Mike

10 hours ago, MPerry said:

Hi Leupo

One of the things I love about writing poetry, is that we as writers each have a very unique voice- and with poetry, uniqueness and individuality are embraced.   You and I have probably experienced the same issues or felt and dealt with the same topics, after reading your poem "Search For Love" we may write it differently but our experience is universal- our perspective is the poetry and the topic becomes universal and relatable to the audience which draws them into your words- that's what poetry does, so thanks for sharing!  Embrace your talent and keep writing, I will be reading!.  regards Mike

That's really encouraging! Thank you so much. I can definitely improve on structure and what not but this was heart felt so i knew it would relate.

Great job. Smooth poetic lines

Archived