Your Ad Could Be Here

Afraid But Taking a Chance

Dan Gio

• Noob

Hello to anyone who reads this,

My story is probably like many others on here:

• Really got into playing guitar when I was thirteen years old, mainly because I wanted to impress my friends (while trying to get a girlfriend from it too)

• Practiced my butt off for years learning everything I could. Blues, rock, metal, ska, folk, show tunes, worship music. I loved it all!

At eighteen my band at the time started writing it's own songs, and I realized how much fun it is to compose, record, and share music with others.

• Due to having trouble working with singers back then, I started taking lessons and developing my own voice.

Didn't think I was very good, but I didn't care. I just knew it was something I wanted to do.

Never knew I'd fall in love with singing as much as I did playing guitar (sometimes I love it even more)

• Worked with a bunch of people, went on a couple of national tours with a little-known band, even performed with a young girl trying to get signed to a major label as a pop star.

It's been quite a journey. Through music I've learned more about myself, my true character, and life in general.

• Years have passed. I'm twenty seven now. Looking back from where I've started, I can see that my reasons for continuing to be a musican have changed.

Started doing it to show others what I'm worth and validate myself. Now I'm interested in giving value to the world through my creations.

Currently enjoy wiriting and performing stripped down acousitc music. It takes planning to captivate an audience with as little as possible.

The challenge of simplicity and effiecency appeals to me.

So that's why I'm here. I currently manage a family-owned restaurant, so I pretty much live there. I figured making connections with people through a well populated forum would make up for me not being able to get out much. It took a lot for me to just open up and pour my story out on here. I'm definitley outside of my comfort zone, but I know to continue my journey as a musician I'm going to have to make some friends.

I feel vulnerable, but hopeful that this is a move in the right direction

Edited by Dan Gio