Your Ad Could Be Here

Songwriting and Production - Interviews and Insights

I'm not sure whether there's a similar thread here... but I thought it might be good for us all to share any interesting videos we've found, where songwriters and producers give insights which don't only tell us about themselves, but might also be helpful and inspirational. And since we all have different tastes, we might get to see things we wouldn't otherwise find.

There are so many I'd like to share... but to begin with I just found this one which is short but great to get some insight into how one of the great songwriters and producers works.

• Like 1

For me, the 'Song Exploder' podcast is hit and miss. Sometimes artists don't do a really good job explaining their process but in this case Rivers Cuomo from Weezer goes into fantastic detail on how he writes songs. There is some real gold here in terms of pop songwriting technique.

• Like 1

I downloaded a book from the Kindle bookstore called 'Making Music 74 Creative Strategies for Electronic Music Producers'. You can buy the hardback version from Abelton store and it is meant to be a good place for kickstarting ideas and understanding the fundamentals of music production and not just for electronic music. I read a lot of blurb and reviews and it got a really good write up. Not started reading yet, but if anyone is interested I can give an update once I've got into it.

23 hours ago, HoboSage said:

Dek,  I think it's time to change your signature back.  I'm tired of paying attention to you. :)

I was going to damn it... and now I can't because somebody said I should... and it's bugging me too!