Your Ad Could Be Here

Standard of Songwriting

She had a really nice LP copy one of the first Chibsons that were hitting the US,  I don't remember brand name....too many to count anymore hahah, little bridge tweak and intonated, and I was jealous hahah.  Just fell in love with one of my old nylons as well....weird, maybe it's the boomy vibrations.......that's what gets me about 'em :) What I'd still play if I was deaf.   I need to go find another one somebody put some steel .13s on :) 

I don't think I could ever teach anything, especially as a job......, and just reading Juliard gave me a shiver down my spine ;) 

The best advice my organ teacher ever gave me was valuable only because I finally learned to ignore it:

• "Don't play by ear."

It took me too-many years to un-learn that bit of advice – to regard the printed music as a guideline even when your purpose is to follow it exactly.  Because, every time you play, "you are performing, if only for yourself."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Noob

Really good discussion topic. I feel that before it was 'cool' and 'interesting' to be unique with your music. However, now something out of the ordinary would be labelled 'weird' and not popular. Artists seem to be finding that less is more with words, production, chord progression in order to appeal to the mainstream and have the instant hook to stay in the listeners head. Well that's my two sense anyways. Hopefully it is just a fad, looking back at the 00s was a worrying time when novelty songs were all the rage, but they eventually disappeared.

• Like 1