Your Ad Could Be Here

recording electronic drums (Yamaha?)

i have recored electronic drums a few times.... because its a stereo out from the whole kit. Practise with the sounds to make sure everything sits nice as you cant make the snare louder later on. Also the drummer has to be spot on.... Electronic kits dont hide any out of time parts.... and you cant snap beats to be spot on

Hey

Most electronic kits have a midi out, so alternatively, record the midi output from the kit, sample the drums individually, or use another sample library. This allows you to edit thr drum line easily!

The drums are already recorded in an electronic kit, or simply generated from a synth, so there is little advantage in actually recording the output of the kit unless you are really into the sound of a particular kit. In that case sample it as above, unless there are samples of it already available.

Cheers

John

• 4 weeks later...
the drummer has to be spot on.... Electronic kits dont hide any out of time parts.... and you cant snap beats to be spot on

Amen to that, as a guitar player working to get my drums chops together, it sounds great when you play it, but listening back is painful. MIDI would fix this if I knew how to do it,,,, or knew how to play drums [smiley=drums.gif]

Still workin it,

John