Your Ad Could Be Here

My favourite mobile app for vocal practice!

• Editors

I have a very specific routine when it comes to vocal warm ups and especially on gig days. Since I don't play the keyboard/piano and I don't have one, I used to rely on youtube videos for vocal warm up scales. But this app has really changed things for me. 

The app has many scales that we can select which will ascend chromatically over which you can do your lip rolls or Mums or whatever vocal exercises you think is best. With just a swipe on the screen you can start descending again. So you have control over your warm up/practice scales in real time!

It has a list of syllables you can use to warm up your voice with, each focusing on different aspects of building your voice. They have an info section explaining what each exercise is for and also includes audio examples on how to pronounce them. 

Though the exercises mentioned are in themselves quite useful and in the right direction, I tend to advise people not to blindly go at it without knowing what good technique feels like. Without a good background, I think there is a risk of developing bad technique with any exercise. 

I've done a lot of research on Speech Level Singing and now am getting into a different format/language in vocal technique altogether called Complete Vocal Technique (CVT by Cathrine Sadolin). So I use the app to practice my own exercises as I can create a custom routine (requires full version, for Android it's only $4. I just purchased it today)

Besides that, what I'm excited to do with this app is create my own custom scales. I can program any short melody/scale and practice it the same way I do the others. This allows me to really focus on building my vocabulary of R&B vocal licks and trills that I so enjoy!

Anyways, I simply though it'd be very useful for me to share it here. In fact, I love it so much that I might even do a review of the app in the future.

For now, here it is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swiftscales.music.vvt&hl=en

Cheers!

P.S I don't know the awesome person who made this app at all nor do I profit out of anyone downloading/buying it. (Otherwise I'd have to ban myself ;) ) I simply found this app so very useful that I had to share it in the positive light it deserves!

It is also available on iPhone :)

You could always review it... lol ;)

• Editors
2 minutes ago, john said:

You could always review it... lol ;)

Hell yeah John, which is why I mentioned it in the initial post. It'd be a good one to with a bit of vocal tips baked into the review as well :D

4 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

Hell yeah John, which is why I mentioned it in the initial post. It'd be a good one to with a bit of vocal tips baked into the review as well :)

Sounds like a cunning plan! lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 4:16 PM, Mahesh said:

Hell yeah John, which is why I mentioned it in the initial post. It'd be a good one to with a bit of vocal tips baked into the review as well :D

Have you done it yet Mahesh?

• 2 months later...
  • Editors
On 02/10/2017 at 6:20 PM, Rudi said:

Have you done it yet Mahesh?

It's been on the list of videos that I'll be working on for the upcoming Songstuff improvements Rudi. Apologies for the delays but it shall be done!

Archived