Your Ad Could Be Here

I'm sure this has been done before but...

If you could choose anyone, living or dead, to perform one of your own songs who would it be? 🙄

For me, easy: J R Cash (if I could convince him obvs!)....

😀

Now that is a hard question. Obviously I would be beating them back with a big stick. *coughs* Ahem. 

Its complicated by by the fact that I write for a few genres. While some of my mor acoustic songs I could see artists like Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Damien Rice, Ray LaMontagne doing some sympathetic versions of my songs. That said a band like Radiohead would bring some interesting creativity. At the more pop or electronic end of my songs, Zero7 or Röyksopp would be very interesting. The more rock stuff, Foo Fighters, Led Zep, Jethro Tull or Pink Floyd?

An imagined supergroup? I’m not so sure. I always remember the recording my uncle made of Jimi Hendrix jamming with Jm Morrison in London in the sixties. Car crash  doesn’t quite cover it.

Ach what the hell...

I think Dark Side Of The Moon era Pink Floyd doing one of my songs, with some backing vocals from Sandy Denny (Fairport Convention), David Crosby and Sia would be an awesome mix. Produced by Nigel Godrich (produced OK Computer for Radiohead).

I feel after that my connections would be good enough to get a pretty good follow up ;) lol

Arthur Grumiaux (violinist)

For songs? Kate & Anna McGarrigle maybe ?

10 hours ago, Rudi said:

Arthur Grumiaux (violinist)

For songs? Kate & Anna McGarrigle maybe ?

They've turned you down so many times mate. Give it up!

• Editors

I'd love to see Damien Rice perform one of my more depressing songs. 

Archived