Your Ad Could Be Here

Lyrics Writing Challenge #11 - Blues

Hi gang

Sorry it’s been a little while....

So, your publisher has decided to treat you to an interesting brief...

This is really a full song writing challenge, not just lyrics!

An ancient blues man, "Blind Willy Dawes", is planning a comeback,. Sadly,  he relies upon a TEAM of writers to write his hits.

1. You need to collaborate with one or more song writing partner.

2. Your team can include non-members (though if you happen to persuade them to join us, I will not cry!)

3. An agreed split of ownership percentage must be agreed. An equal split is nice and easy, though if their entire contribution is “Hmm, I’m not sure. Should that be plural? I feel ‘donut’ should be ‘donuts’” you might want a split that reflects this important contribution!

4. Use 12 bar blues or one of it's variants. (check our 12 bar blues song form article to get an idea). You can use a hybrid scheme, such as 12 bar blues with AB or ABC song forms.

5. Blind Willy wants a song that includes: alcohol, a seductress, the devil, and travelling

All lyrics should be completed and the completed version posted by next Friday.

This should be fun!

Cheers

John

• john featured and pinned this topic
  • john unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived