Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello from Sweden!

Kristina A

• Noob

Hello people. I'm Kristina!

Bye! Ok, no that's not good enough. Hm...

I've played instruments since I was two years old. Started out by playing melodies on the piano at 2, guitar at 5 and violin at 8. My parents didn't really care, they don't listen to music except on the TV so I'm one of those prodigies that squandered their talents a bit by not practicing enough. I didn't know it had any value but I loved it, still do. My true passion is composing though. And trying new instruments. When I get too close to a new instrument my fingers start to itch almost, do any of you get that?

Anyway, hand me an instrument and I can play it. DISCLAIMER not instruments you blow into. Makes my lips actually itch.

Violin took me less than two minutes in a room by myself to learn but I don't have one now, parents sold it. Got to Suzuki book five I think.

I'm not having a good day. I haven't been around other musicians for more than ten years now (I'm 31). It's isolating and slightly depressing. I'm usually a friendly and happy person, I hope I'll get the chance to rectify any poor impression I might have made with this post.

I really want to hang out with other musicians. More than anything. People around me think music is pure entertainment, nothing more. People here know how much it can mean, I'm hoping to find similar minds here.

Oh and I started singing three years ago. A bit late, I always assumed I couldn't so I never tried. I'm fairly good now. I've got ADD btw. Pretty common with musicians right? Or maybe it's just confirmation bias ;)

• Like 3

Hi Kristina,

Welcome to SongStuff!!

Ok now, that is a introduction.  :)

Great that you joined us. Lots of music peeps and interests around here. See you on the boards. 

:)

Peggy

Edited by Peggy
  • Thanks 1

• Noob

Heeeey, Kristina!! Welcome from North Carolina. [smiley=acoustic.gif]

I'm Randy. It's amazing how similar our early music histories are! I was obsessed with music as a child, but it wasn't a priority for my parents, so I didn't REALLY get going until I bought my own guitar as an adult (my first paycheck ever!). I was no prodigy though. :blink:

I'm lucky to be in a band of people I met in a music class, and we all do it for the love of it. Hell, it's shaped me so much that I was moved to seek a degree in Music Therapy. But I know how it is being sequestered from other musicians, so good thing you're here. Let's make something!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

sorry.. can't be friends, i'm a brass player.

hahaha no, i'm kidding. but my fingers itch too when i see any instrument in general honestly. 

Welcome to the site!