Your Ad Could Be Here

Custom Pick mach #2

I ordered 3 x Psycho V-Picks yesterday. While waiting, I thought it was time I made another myself.

Its a standard tri-point (the other one was 4 point square). It took less than three hours to make (much quicker than last time).

I used it on the Deuce Guitar alternating with a Psycho pick. The Psycho is still better. I made my bevels more acute than the V-Pick, probably too much. Sound is very similar but with slightly less body than the Psycho. Probably due to the difference in mass. Psycho is .210" thick, and mine is .184"

My surface texture is slightly better though. I used 3000 grit on the contact surfaces, so slightly rougher than the very smooth Psycho.

Tomorrow I will use a coarser grit on it because there is still some 'chirp' in the sound.

jrcj0h.jpg

Very cool Rudi. So do the holes in the center help keep the pick from slipping around? I've found lately my pick seems to move and spin while I play it. Obviously I could give it a bit better grip, but I don't recall ever thinking about that years ago. Probably arthritis starting to set in or something. I could see the edges of the pick being very smooth and perfect while that middle area has some grit to it to help with slippage. Hell, maybe not too many people deal with that. Really cool as was the 4-sided one. Last question, how is the 4-corner pick holding up? Do you use it a lot?

The holes are there for grip, yes. :)

Many makers claim that their picks 'stick to' your hands. Blue Chip, V-Picks etc. I think its nonsense. I drop everything. Also, most V-Picks are clear, so when I do drop them I cant find them. Vinnie (V-Pick founder) says you just need to shine a flashlight to find them, but he's reckoning without dark stages & light shows.

I only stopped using the square pick in December. It had a LOT of use, including live. It was a useful experiment and its nearly as useful as tri-points.

Cheers bud.

What?? You don't have a flashlight clipped to the underside of your guitar?? LOL

I think I may take a drill to some of my picks to get better grip as an experiment. Again, nicely done. :thumbsup2:

Archived