Your Ad Could Be Here

Jon Hopkins - Emerald Rush

ImKeN

A producer-friend introduced me to this artist, yesterday. Something, in my mind, shifted after I heard it.. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did/am! -Ken [smiley=hippy.gif]

Edited by ImKeN
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ImKeN said:

A producer-friend introduced me to this artist, yesterday. Something, in my mind, shifted after I heard it.. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did/am! -Ken [smiley=hippy.gif]

Ken - I am glad you have found Jon Hopkins, his music is really good. New album coming out soon as well.

Cheers

R

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, Richard Tracey said:

He creates lovely soundtracks - that is how I describe his music. The production is top notch.

The sounds just keep on evolving throughout this particular track, it seems like there's always a new idea every 4 to 8 bars. The only thing that feels stable in this song is the kick drum..lol

He mentioned in an interview that he pretty much uses anything to create his own samples, he even records his own voice and processes the hell out of it to make pads. I have much to learn!