Your Ad Could Be Here

How Do You Market A New Release?

john

• 9 months later...
  • Noob

Hey John! I'm new to the site, but I've been an independent original artist for a while now. With my newest release for my band Gnarcissus I made sure to have free downloadable music on bandcamp, a sharp looking Facebook page, and a Youtube video to accompany the single. Then I cross promoted all of them, for example I put links to the video and music on the Facebook page and Links to the facebook and Youtube on bandcamp. 

Next I found some friends that were really nice and had a similar taste in music and asked them to invite their friends. Facebook has a really cool feature when using the desktop site that allows you to invite ALL of your friends with a single button click, so I had over 5000 invites out from a couple friends in less than five minutes. If even a small percentage of people interacted from that it was more than worth it. 

Lastly I found this site! Here I was hoping to do more of the friends list trading and hopefully meet some influential people that dig original indie rock!

Hope this helps!

Gabe Delaney

Gnarcissus

https://www.facebook.com/gnarcissus/

Thanks for replying. Do you have a plan to evolve your strategy for upcoming releases? Hopefully this will break you out of marketing to friends and on to fans... talking of, once people are interested how do you reach out to them for future releases?