Your Ad Could Be Here

Blackbird (The Beatles) - alternative rock version

Hi everyone.

Blackbird is one of my favourite songs ever. I costantly listen to the original and like to find cover versions. Last year I wondered if it were possible to make a version in our musical style and I wrote this arrangement. I love this arrangement too.

There is no disrespect at all. It's my tribute to a song that I've been listening for a lifetime. It would really be nice if I could have some feedback on this one. :) 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm late to the party, but just wanted to chime in.  It's funny how we both did covers of this song recently, and they are so different.  It's a testament to how great the original is.  I really like this, Roberto!  The lyrics definitely allow for this type of heavy treatment.  You guys are great at reinventing the cover songs you do!  

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 9:03 PM, childed said:

i can't accept it. some problems with a chord chain i hear. 
by the way, did you know abt the Bach origin of the song?

I can understand Serg. Maybe I can accept it only because I wrote it :)  .

About the Bach origin actually I don't remember if I have ever known (bad memory unfortunately). This song brings a lot of emotions to me. and when I like something so much I don't want to analyze it, I just wanna listen. :) 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, Glammerocity said:

I remember when a friend played me Bobby McFerrin's version and we were like, "Whaaaaaaaaat?" I like this, it was unexpected but makes sense, with the blackbird gothic association.

Thank you :) and Bobby McFerrin is one of my heroes! I always remember a sax-like solo he made with his voice for a Chaka Khan's song. That guy is amazing. :) 

On 5/9/2018 at 2:18 AM, nicetalkintoya said:

I'm late to the party, but just wanted to chime in.  It's funny how we both did covers of this song recently, and they are so different.  It's a testament to how great the original is.  I really like this, Roberto!  The lyrics definitely allow for this type of heavy treatment.  You guys are great at reinventing the cover songs you do!  

Hi James, very nice to see you again here on this board. :)  

This version was born because of a personal identification with the symble of the "blackbird". In the original song there are dreams and there is hope. And the blackbird is going to fly because his dreams are coming true.

I wanted to give a different meaning. In this version the blackbird realizes that his dreams are his cage. "Blackbird fly" here means "just run and save yourself".

I was in a bad mood when I made this one :).

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2018 at 4:55 PM, Nick Pellecchia said:

Love it. I wasn't expecting it done this way but it was very enjoyable.

Thank you very much. I'm always afraid that my reworkings could be seen as a lack of respect while they are mainly a tribute. :) 

Thank you again.

Roberto

• 1 month later...

wow... I'm a big Beatles fan... I know a lot of diehards wouldn't approve.. but McCartney would have loved it, I'm sure....  I like different arrangements and this is "off the charts" different.... great sound and recording... vocals great too.. overall performance is excellent... pretty awesome and professional sounding... was this done in a studio?  sure sounds it... just great

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 9:11 PM, TagSongZ said:

wow... I'm a big Beatles fan... I know a lot of diehards wouldn't approve.. but McCartney would have loved it, I'm sure....  I like different arrangements and this is "off the charts" different.... great sound and recording... vocals great too.. overall performance is excellent... pretty awesome and professional sounding... was this done in a studio?  sure sounds it... just great

Hi Tag (Tom or Gerry? :) ). Thank you very much! I still can't find the courage to ask Sir Paul Mc Cartney his opinion :) . In october I will post a cover of Eleanor Rigby and maybe I will send him both links (need to drink a little before :) ).

Yes it was recorded in a studio. We work with 2 young sound engineers (we used to share our rehearsal room with them). They are young but very talented.

Thank you again! :)

Roberto

On 8/2/2018 at 5:32 PM, Capo3tanya said:

This is awesome!!! I love your voice too very clean and clear tone. This is so cool I NEVER would have thought up something like this for blackbird. Too cool!

Hi Tanya and thanks a lot! But I'm not the singer haha :) . I'm the drummer and write the arrangements. I will tell the singer that you loved his voice too!

Thank you again :) 

Roberto