Your Ad Could Be Here

How's the singer-songwriter 'scene' where you live?

• Editors

Singer-songwriter is very niche in the local music community here. It's a very small but encouragingly growing audience. Fortunately, I started out in my city when there were almost no singer-songwriters actively pursuing gigs. That helped me stand out initially and I've been building my audience from thereon. How is it at yours and where are you on your journey?

I'm in Glasgow, Scotland. It's always had a vibrant music scene and a load of live music venues. I've been there, done it, bought the tee shirt etc. I have no personal interest in fame, but I love playing gigs. I have a batch of new songs to play.... time I sorted it out!

• 2 months later...
  • Noob

Ohio has pretty low opportunities in general, but absolutely zero in the part where I live.  When I turn 18 I am moving to either Chicago or LA to pursue my career, even if it starts with low-level gigs.

• 6 months later...
  • Editors
On 6/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, Alex Bolt said:

Ohio has pretty low opportunities in general, but absolutely zero in the part where I live.  When I turn 18 I am moving to either Chicago or LA to pursue my career, even if it starts with low-level gigs.

Damn. That's quite the plan bud. I hope it all works out!

Archived