Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello. I'm Jim Roads

Hi there. I'm an amateur musician with basic skills, but with good imagination. I like to make my own experimental music. I already have finished one album and I have plan to start working on another one. The instroument I play the most is bass guitar. 

12 hours ago, Capo3tanya said:

Hi Jim, pleased to meet you! I'd love to hear your material, do you like Rush and Primus? My favorite bass. 

Hi Tanya, nice to meet you too. I'm not really familiar with Primus, but I do like Rush. Classic prog is my favorite genre in general. As well as any rock from late 60s and early 70s. About my material, I alredy posted one example. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Roads said:

Classic prog is my favorite genre in general. As well as any rock from late 60s and early 70s

Me too!!! Primus is one of a kind, unique.  Check out their Pork Soda album! For some reason I feel like you'd love "O'l Diamond Back Sturgeon".  I love it, anyway lol, so weird! I love that entire album actually.

I saw your post after I wrote that, it was noisy where I was but it sounded interesting! Will have to try with headphones. If you've never heard him I HIGHLY recommend Steve Roach, "Quiet Friend" and "Structures From Silence" are 2 of my favorites (and so many others).  He's a genius!  From what I heard of your song, I think you'd really like him. 

Also, if you want to go really far out there, check out David Hykes "Rainbow Voice".  Since you like experimental music, maybe you'd like this too?  Demonstrates overtone singing beautifully, I bliss out and go to another planet.  Both Steve Roach and David Hykes are headphones listening though. 

Edited by Capo3tanya

2 hours ago, Capo3tanya said:

Me too!!! Primus is one of a kind, unique.  Check out their Pork Soda album! For some reason I feel like you'd love "O'l Diamond Back Sturgeon".  I love it, anyway lol, so weird! I love that entire album actually.

Thank you for your recommendations, I love to discover something new. Unfortunately all videos are blocked in my country, but I'll find a way to hear this stuff. :) 

Hi, Sam! Nice to meet you too. ;) 

• 7 months later...

Hi Jim,

I Liked and followed your Facebook page.  This is a link to our club "Music Marketing and Promotion".  I thought you might want to join the club and don't forget to add your social accounts to the lists. 

• Like 1