Your Ad Could Be Here

Pink Floyd "Sheep" cover

Omigosh!  Sheep is one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs, I'm at work but gonna listen asap, awesome!  

Hey man this is great! Your synths are excellent, you sing it very well! Only a couple things popped out at me. 

Like I said this is one of my favs, I feel like its missing the... Shoot how do I convey it without counting the rhythm. The... ONE AND and a THREE AND and a ONE AND and a THREE AND... needs to be more pronounced? At first I thought it was a staccato emphasis on one and three but it's not that. This rhythm needs to pop out more, it drives the song to me (just my opinion man I think this is FANTASTIC!!! I'd go see you perform any day!) 

Also, the outro guitar, you changed the rhythm at the end of the phrase. You play the last note on 2 instead of in the upbeat of 1, which I get if you prefer it that way, it's your interpretation so that's cool. But I think you need to emphasize the octaving bass quarter notes at the end, feels like they're missing to me. 

Awesome though! I'm gonna listen to your other posts 😀

Coincidentally, I am going to see Brit Floyd in Tampa next weekend whoop whoop! 

On 6/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Capo3tanya said:

Coincidentally, I am going to see Brit Floyd in Tampa next weekend whoop whoop! 

Hell yeah! Always wanted to see those guys!  Thanks for your comments on my sheep cover, and VERY astute observations on the subtle rhythmic differences from the original. I am indeed aware of them, and thought they would be a fresh variation on the original. I'm assuming they sounded okay (just different) to your ears? I also deliberately chose to keep the octave bass out of the outro - just because I actually liked how the droning single note drives the rhythm of the passage and elevates the guitar a bit more. And for some reason, the octave note thing just always clashed and sound out of tune whenever I tried it. You seem like a LEGIT Pink Floyd fan (and musician) so I am very flattered you liked the track.  Check out my other Animals tracks on my SC page (shameless plug)...also, I think we should collaborate on future music projects, please PM me!

Hi Stevie, glad to meet you! Yes I am a legit Pink Floyd fan and I was so excited when I saw your post! Nobody likes that song as much as I do, I dance around like a lunatic plus I love the lyrics, you and I might be the only ones who know them lol. 

Your version was so awesome, I'm blown away especially by your synth work. I could get used to the guitar phrase ending on 2 but I'm used to feeling it on the upbeat, it's bouncy maybe. But heck yeah sounds better than ok, you rock! I did miss the octaving bass but I mean, nitpicky anyone? Lol. Sweet work, I'd love to collaborate, I am electronically challenged though. Just now giving in to the reality that I need to learn how to record and produce my stuff! So a beginner in many ways, that's why I joined here. 

Have a lovely evening! 🙂

15 hours ago, Capo3tanya said:

Hi Stevie, glad to meet you! Yes I am a legit Pink Floyd fan and I was so excited when I saw your post! Nobody likes that song as much as I do, I dance around like a lunatic plus I love the lyrics, you and I might be the only ones who know them lol. 

Yeah, Sheep is SUCH an underrated track, both in the context of Animals and PF's overall catalog. I thought I'd beef it up (while staying true to the essence of the song). 🙂 

Yes I agree' I think Animals is a very underrated album itself. Another Pink Floyd song I'd love to play with someone is Grantchester Meadows, it's acoustic but I love it so much. Peaceful vibe, I love David Gilmore's part "hear the lark and harken to the barking of the dog fox, gone to ground... See the splashing of the kingfisher, flashing to the water.... A river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees... Laughing as it passes through the endless summer making for the sea..."  So beautiful!!!! Hehe you're awesome, I could definitely jam with you 🙂

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Capo3tanya said:

Yes I agree' I think Animals is a very underrated album itself. Another Pink Floyd song I'd love to play with someone is Grantchester Meadows, it's acoustic but I love it so much. Peaceful vibe, I love David Gilmore's part "hear the lark and harken to the barking of the dog fox, gone to ground... See the splashing of the kingfisher, flashing to the water.... A river of green is sliding unseen beneath the trees... Laughing as it passes through the endless summer making for the sea..."  So beautiful!!!! Hehe you're awesome, I could definitely jam with you 🙂

Grantchester is a lovely little gem. I've always fantasized about covering "Cymbaline" from the "More" soundtrack. So simple and dark...great melody too. I can't believe that song isn't more popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stevie. Unfortunately I cannot say that I have loved Animals at the time. I was 14 when I bought the album and I still had in my ears Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of The Moon. When you're a teenager you would like your idols to never change (I did not know their previous production and I did not know that they were constantly changing, haha). And this is the first time in 40 years that I listen to these songs again. They are very beautiful even if they are not the ones I loved the most. And the quality of your production and performance is (as usual) at the highest levels (I would pay to have your voice - it's a perfect timbre). It is so unpleasant to meet so many great talents and see the difficulty they have to be noticed.

15 hours ago, robertolabruna said:

Hi Stevie. Unfortunately I cannot say that I have loved Animals at the time. I was 14 when I bought the album and I still had in my ears Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of The Moon. When you're a teenager you would like your idols to never change (I did not know their previous production and I did not know that they were constantly changing, haha). And this is the first time in 40 years that I listen to these songs again. They are very beautiful even if they are not the ones I loved the most. And the quality of your production and performance is (as usual) at the highest levels (I would pay to have your voice - it's a perfect timbre). It is so unpleasant to meet so many great talents and see the difficulty they have to be noticed.

Damn I didn't think my voice was that good! I cheat with overdubs because I often hate the way my voice sounds with single tracking. 

Indeed. With all the immense talent exposed by amateur SoundCloud and YouTube musicians, makes me wonder even more how the "recognized" professional talents of today make it. Timing, connections, luck, work ethic? Probably equal parts of all 4. 

Archived