Your Ad Could Be Here

What about music thrills you?

starise

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to that sentiment occasionally Steve. Of late my creativity has gone to trickles taking second place to pretty much everything else. In this case I wish I could but I can't or if I do I let something someone else thinks is important go. In most cases I think it's a  kind of medicine for me. I'm long overdue for some more medicine. Long days, dark coming and going home. I could almost write a poem about it, like pushing against an invisible force that prevents you from doing what you like to do, from being feeling the freedom to do it.

Almost like a cruel slave driver at times. Holding out a possibility and letting you get so close you can almost taste it, then making it impossible to carry it all the way through. Like the confident tight rope walker between two mountains 1000 ft up when suddenly he gets a cramp or a flock of birds come up pecking at him. Who would have thought is was going to be this difficult?

On 7/19/2018 at 9:24 AM, starise said:

What is it that gives you that adrenaline or dopamine rush? Is it playing heavy metal? Singing? Is it the thrill of making something original that no one else has ever made? Is it the satisfaction of playing an instrument? Is it writing lyrics? The recording process? The challenge? 

What is it? There must be a reason you do it?

I get a thrill when I've been practicing something for hours and hours and then I finally reach the point where I play it without mistakes! I also get a thrill when I'm recording music and I'm putting all the pieces of the song together and then I reach the point where everything is playing together how I had it in my head. It's this feeling of 'Holy shit! I have a song here!' I think the thing that gives me the biggest thrill, though, is when I go throughout the entire process of writing, practicing, recording, mixing and mastering and then the release of that song. That feeling of going throughout the entire process and seeing it come to fruition is the most gratifying and satisfying thing as a musician for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think it's discovering a new artist. Like treasure hunting, you think about how much great music is out there, but doesn't get the attention it should get, thus harder to find. CDBaby and Amazon have done a great job in genre and suggestions for people shopping for specific types of music. 

But yeah, hearing something new that you like for the first time is like a drug.lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Driftwood said:

I think it's discovering a new artist. Like treasure hunting, you think about how much great music is out there, but doesn't get the attention it should get, thus harder to find. CDBaby and Amazon have done a great job in genre and suggestions for people shopping for specific types of music. 

But yeah, hearing something new that you like for the first time is like a drug.lol

I hadn't thought of what thrills me outside of creating music. You're def right, I used to love getting a new CD for one song and then finding out I like them all. Didn't leave the CD deck for weeks. I see we share the same interests. ;) If you want to check out something new you can check out my website in the link below. I'm currently in progress of changing it up but you can listen to the tunes from my new EP and there's a pretty cheesy video as well. Peace.

• 1 month later...