Your Ad Could Be Here

Raw acoustic - just one vocal and one guitar track

... is there a name for this? Like a niche anywhere, or a description (I think it might have been here that someone once said something about "one to one" recordings? I'm probably not remembering that correctly...)

Anyway - I love this kind of music ( I think stuff like Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger, maybe John Prine type stuff or the feel of a lot of Eva Cassidy or Bob Dylan's recordings (even though there is harmonica most times) ... I'm hoping maybe there is some sort identified niche for this kind of super simple, raw acoustic music... because it's what I do haha. At least right now. And it'd be helpful to better know how to promote it and what types of people would appreciate the simplicity of it and not immediately crave more production (I mean that's okay to feel that way, I just would like to find the people who like this kind of recording for what it is - just a vocal and a guitar - I have to think these people exist out there somewhere! I CAN'T BE ALONE IN THIS! 😂)

Thanks for any thoughts :)

- Maggie

• 2 weeks later...

HI Maggie, I certainly appreciate this type of music!  It's what I probably SHOULD be doing myself, but of course I have grand visions that I am now entertaining with my brand new DAW.  We shall see in a year or two. Or three. 😀

Do you like Ani Difranco?  I BET you'd like some of her stuff man.  You have a gorgeous voice by the way.

Archived