Your Ad Could Be Here

Another songwriting book

Hi everyone

I’ve just written a book on songwriting.
I’m not going to post the title because I don’t want to self promote on here.
What I’m looking for is a few members on here to give me some feedback.
If your interested PM me with your email address and I’ll send you a copy of the manuscript.

It’s a book about melody creation and how to instantly create vocal melodies with the backing chords at the same time.

Thanks.

As for me, I'm always interested in a new good book, and I would encourage you to look at the various services which can distribute your book if you publish it e.g. as a PDF, or an ePub, or both.  Even Amazon (Kindle, Direct Publishing) does it.  They will handle the sales and returns and the mechanics of downloading or installation, and give you most of the profit – if there be any.  Plus, they have international reach, a sophisticated online catalog and so on.  

("Custom digital printing, one [different] book after another after another," is also an interesting and available option for those who want paper in their hands, and some distributors will make that option available to your readers automatically.  Yes, I've seen it:  paper books are coming out of the machine, one after another including covers, and they are all different.  As the operator of the press said, "and, every one of them has already been sold."  It's effin' magic.)

(As with all such material, "mind your P's and Q's" concerning registered copyright, and you probably do not need to buy an ISBN.)

"Tastefully and effectively promoting the work" remains your responsibility – as is the case with "every electronic thing these days."

SongStuff would certainly be one of the important places to promote it, and of course John is the owner/senior ediitor.  You did the right thing as your first step.

Looking forward to buying and reading it!

Edited by MikeRobinson