Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello all, looking for manager!

Hello!

My name is Tyler Walsh, I am a music producer and DJ based out of Buffalo, New York! I am very excited to use this forum to network with many musicians and those in the industry! I currently produce future house, progressive house, pop, and future bass. I love blending different genres and aspects that encompass those genres to make my songs!

I am currently looking for a driven and passionate manager who can help take me to the next level!

Here is my stuff!

Website

Instagram

Twitter

Soundcloud

Thanks for your time!

- Tyler

• Like 2

Hi and welcome Tyler!

Don’t be too keen to get a manager.

I know it requires some patience, but I have found it is often best to let managers find you. Instead of putting out the word that you are looking for a manager.

Why? Anything that says you are looking for something from someone will weaken any negotiating position, and can impact just how much they think they need to do to keep you happy.

Better to manager yourself initially, learn the ropes, and then put out the word that you manage yourself, you are busy and have opportunities, but if the right manager came along, with good connections, you might consider the right deal with the right person. If you have managed yourself you will have a much better idea what you are getting in return for the percentage you give them.

Be wary of managers who just want to send you out gigging all the time and their idea of moving forward is to get you to put out a track with other artists they or their friends manage. Managers like that will happily send you round a circuit of gigs that took an hour of telephone calls to the venues they regularly work with, in return for 15%-25%. When you finish they send you round the same circuit. They throw in the odd new gig, or small festival performance to keep you sweet, and then get a bunch of artists to pay over the odds to release a compilation album with 10-20 artists, that they do virtually nothing with.

Better to find a manager with great ideas and a good track record, good connections, a flare for creative business ideas, an irrepressible attitude and an inexhaustible work ethic. Lol there are some out there!