Your Ad Could Be Here

The Spine: You're Using It Wrong (Posture For Musicians)

16 hours ago, Rudi said:

Well I told you what I specifically meant in terms of support. You have only just told me what you mean now. I have never heard of thigh supports that were not improvised. That's why I mentioned a cushion; and of course there are all sorts of cushions. One or two sorts would likely work fine.

I am aware of back problems associated with guitar playing. I have been fortunate, and had no issues arising from position & posture. A foot stool allows me adopt a usable playing position easily.

I don't think cushions are very effective for two reasons: they aren't adjustable; they don't attach to anything, meaning they aren't as stable as attached supports. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived