Your Ad Could Be Here

a young songwriter with a love for retro music

Hello everyone, my name is Creighton, alot of folks know me as "Blues Preacher Creighton", you can type in my name Blues Preacher Creighton and find quite a bit on me and what I do. I am a 18 year old who has been playing the Blues since I was 12, and I have been making a name for myself in my city for the last year. I have had a lot to deal with in these years, I found my best friend dead a year ago, I saw my uncle while he was dying of cancer, my great aunt dying, my grandma die, my pets pass away, and then being rejected by a girl I loved, and having what seemed like the whole world fall apart. I have been playing the blues because it was what I grew up on, and recently, In October, I went through a time where I almost gave up on the Blues, and I went and listened to other music genres. I felt shut out in the blues world, I was told because I was white, I has no business to sing it, but because I was playing the down home stuff from the 30s and 20s, I was doing great, and then I was told all this harsh stuff about how I needed to work on this or that with my stage performance, and it got me mad. I found Hank Williams Sr, and Jr while I was going through the hard times, and they helped me out. I felt that I had someone to look up to when I heard there musics, and there songwriting was different from the usual Blues I hear, and so I wanted to do that style. I have had alot in my life, but my mom has been at my side since day one, and I wanted to join this forum to meet like minded people and to tell them my story.  

Most awesome intro Creighton! So glad  you found us. You will find like minded artists here. I was just at BB Kings blues bar in Nashville the other night. My favorite place of the night.

Please please please NEVER listen to negative people that say things like "you has no business singing" or especially because you are white.

I liked your FB page and listened to your videos. Blues is in your soul and you can't deny it!

Feel free to poke around the site here. If you have any questions you can PM me and I'd be happy to help.

See you on the boards!
Lisa