Your Ad Could Be Here

Mastering Advice

Hey guys just recently joined and got a loaded question for everyone. Ok, so the problem is that I'm trying to get a 'music portfolio' made and I'm running into a mastering conundrum. Basically, my second metal project is getting released  with someone else handling the mastering and I'm fine with paying for a quality master for something I can consider finished since I can make a decent mix now that I posses Superior drummer. HOWEVER, I'm looking to get into making music for game loops, podcasts, and basically any media that would have it and unless its getting paid for there is just no way I'll be able to afford mastering everything through someone else. Is there a fairly decent program that I can pickup for basic mastering that help me master my own projects just to make the portfolio? I'm assuming no one wants to hear the raw tracks since it just won't be ready for consumption. I'm really lost with this part of it. As far as rock, blues or metal releases I can afford to pay it just seems like a waste when you're dealing with loops and beat productions that might only be like a minute long as a demo. As far as mastering goes I'm lost on the whole thing thus far lol.

I'm using Cubase artist 9 as my DAW if that helps as well. 

Maybe the Ozone 8 plugin is what you're looking for?

You should definitely look into investing in online tutorials from professional mixing/mastering engineers though, you'll learn some really cool skills. 

Best,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Seconding Ozone; though I would recommend experimenting with the presets. It's very easy to overdue it, and completely brickwall a mix at maximum volume, which can become fatiguing on the ears.

Archived