Your Ad Could Be Here

Dave Gilmour is auctioning off his guitars...

Hey

Dave Gilmour is auctioning off his guitars to raise money for charity, 120 guitars, including black strat, serial number 0001:

https://www.christies.com/features/David-Gilmour-legendary-Black-Strat-comes-to-auction-9637-3.aspx

Any collectors with a lot of money burning a hole in their house?

Cheers

John

It looks like a fantastic collection, but I wonder what sort of message this is sending about Gilmour's future as a musician. I've long given up hope for a Pink Floyd reunion (plus Rick Wright is off to the Great Gig in the Sky), but I hope Gilmour has a few more albums and/or tours in him. But putting many of his favorite tools up for charity doesn't bode well.

I hope he plays, but I have my doubts. Maybe one off specials, but I think the tours are gone. :(

Archived