Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello Everyone!

mikhal5569

• Noob

I'm a simple aspiring singer, songwriter trying to learn the ropes with musical DAWS. So that I can turn my lyrics and riff ideas into actual songs. I've been in a couple of Metal bands when I was younger and consider myself to be an above average songwriter, but hey I'm obviously biased. It's been a long time since I decided to chance  my dreams, but now that I'm starting to get a little older and I have some spare time on my hands I want to see what I can do.

I have a lot of half finished song ideas from my days back with my old bands. I want to create music for these songs, but don't have a guitarist buddy who I can grab when I want to play music for me since I can't play any instrument and can only sing.

My question is. Is there a way (or the simplest way) to create guitar riffs on a DAW such as Ableton or Presonus? Would I use a key board? Is there another program or plug in required? I don't need anything that sounds fantastic, I'm just trying to get some of my ideas down so that I can approach another musician with what I am trying to do as a songwriter. Also, I don't have the time or desire to learn the guitar. What advice can you friendly people give me?

Michael