Your Ad Could Be Here

Help! Licensing Terms Of A Beat: Streams Limit

• Noob

Hello everybody.

I'm a young artist and I'm kinda new to the music industry, so I would like to deepen my knowledge step by step in this vast field.

Basically I was using free beats or doing remixes to songs without getting monetized, but now I would like to get on the "next level" and start to invest and earn from the music. That's why I'm asking for some clarification about licensing terms.

By reading some of these licenses on platforms like AirBit or Beatstars, free netflix tech news android 9
I found that there's a limit for our songs streams. What happens if our song reaches that limit? Should I remove it from the internet? If yes, why? Isn't there a way to automatically share my revenues with the beatmaker so I can avoid a copyright notice?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

So much depends on the individual contract you agreed to. Why, because you agreed to that, you didn’t create it, and potentially you could be sued... plus it’s your professional reputation on the line. If you want to become a pro, you have to act like one.

in terms of what happens, yet again it depends on the contract. Some can require you to remove it, others certain terms below a threshold, other terms apply above. Generally by using a beat youargreeing to be bound by those terms.

Sometimes you are required to contact the beat maker to agree further usage.

Usually you will be required to accredit the beat maker in any song descriptions.

But also ...

"Now that you're beginning to get your feet on the ground, using free beats and re-mixes ... howzabout branching out, now, to start creating and incorporating material that will actually be ... yours?!

Listen to those "free beats" ... how did they do it?  Those "remixes" ... what would you have to do, to make something competitively-similar that is yours?  Listen to those complex tracks that you've been "borrowing," and think about how they actually were made.  "You could probably do that, too, y'know ... but, how?"

Archived