Your Ad Could Be Here

Music cover Simone Postiglione

Hey Simone

There are some good things and some not so good.

Generally the performance is pretty good/. A few mistakes on the piano, which is fine for a live performance, less so for something multitracked.

Vocal wise... it's pretty emotionally flat. It doesn't really go anywhere, and I get the feeling that vocally you would be capable of putting a bit more emotion into the performance. As a result it got a bit boring, and it really didn't need to be. You could work a bit more on pronunciation as at times it made it a little hard to make out, or sometimes words sounded more like other words. Still, pretty good for a second language... and much better than I could manage in French, Spanish, German etc!

Arrangement wise it was pretty solid, although a bit more departure from the standard would have been nice. The short piano solo was quite good. A rippling arpeggio used to good effect.

Video, this is where I have most issues, and I hope some feedback can help. What did you use for video editing? The fade to black transitions are not being used correctly. The look like errors/glitches. The inset "picture in picture" shots aren't great in this context. It looked like a tutorial set up being used for a semi-performance semi-production video. I think you need to think of your use of shots in edit a bit more creatively. I would also suggest that you shoot everything 3 ways... ie 2 fixed angles, one moving, to give you a load of footage options in edit. It doesn't need to be expensive, just use a tablet or phone for the additional shots. You can easily make a steady-cam for smoother tracking shots. Maybe mix in some other footage, out in a car, walking, places, people etc. I really don't think the keyboards in the corner throughout help at all. Ditch that imo.

Overall I think quality is almost there. Just some attention to detail needed.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

John

Archived