Your Ad Could Be Here

What do you take into account when evaluating electronic tracks?

Hey @VoiceEx!

It was a cool answer! It's really great to get so many people's answer. I should say nobody replied exactly what I was willing to (my question was intended to be super technical), but everybody replied with a lot of super interesting data that I would've never thought about if it wasn't for this thread. 

It's interesting the different perspective that you have depending on who is producing the song, but, I should say that in some cases (electronic), sometimes it's really hard to know how much resources de author/s has/have, since the sound tends to be always quite cool.

With the technical explanation I was meaning... what kind of technical characteristics you attend to evaluate, for example, if a mix is good or not. How do you really identify things that are "out of place" of lacking balance. Until which point two channels with low frequencies compete or complement each other? That kind of technical things so many people comment sometimes when listening to a track, that I normally can't identify! haha

By the way, I totally agree with the idea that the indie artists can play with a freedom of creation that, I'm sure, a lot of artists signed with big labels could feel envy of! I guess when it comes to the music making thing, one has to make a great effort to see the bright side and keep the motivation despite how hard it is!

Archived