Your Ad Could Be Here

Marketing Challenge #2

Hi Gang

Marketing is, to a large part, persuading people to do something. This includes everything from asking them, to telling them, to hinting .

To get us started I suggest a simple warm up task, run within our community.

the mission is simple. Screenshot your profile showing your followers. Over the next week your mission is to:

1. Create atopic. Your mission is to get 30 likes on that topic. Screenshot the result after 7 days.
  2. See how many new followers you can get

Cheers

John

• Mahesh featured this topic
  • 11 months later...
On 4/30/2019 at 9:51 AM, john said:

Hi Gang

Marketing is, to a large part, persuading people to do something. This includes everything from asking them, to telling them, to hinting .

To get us started I suggest a simple warm up task, run within our community.

the mission is simple. Screenshot your profile showing your followers. Over the next week your mission is to:

1. Create atopic. Your mission is to get 30 likes on that topic. Screenshot the result after 7 days.
  2. See how many new followers you can get

Cheers

John

Hi John...

I hope you will be fine.

nice suggestion. but I think nowadays its not difficult, can you promote it through social media? like facebook page, instagram, twitter flicker etc 

in this way you can gain thousand followers and get the audience whole world.

i hope you can understand 

thanks 

2 hours ago, IsaiahCharles said:

Hi John...

I hope you will be fine.

nice suggestion. but I think nowadays its not difficult, can you promote it through social media? like facebook page, instagram, twitter flicker etc 

in this way you can gain thousand followers and get the audience whole world.

i hope you can understand 

thanks 

Kind of missing the point Isaiah. You still need to build following on those pages. You till need to learn how to make posts that are eyectching and engaging. You still need to motivate people to click on links, or press play buttons. You still need to set an expectation so that when people do thses things that they are satisfied, happy, otherwise they will be reluctant to do that with your future posts

An equivalent of your point is that we no longer need big, expensive studios because we have DAW software. The point is that you still need to learn how to use that effectively to make the most of it.

This challenge is about exercising some of those same aspects here within the forums. The next part is about social media engagement. Different challenges focus on different aspects of marketing and promoting. Add to that there isn't just social media. Mailing lists and blogs are still very effective and mailing lists in particular give you the most predictable method of marketing and promotion,

So, for example... with social media, how many people see your message can depend (social network specific) on the nunmber of likes, comments or shares your post gets. This is how Facebook and Instagram work. It also depends on how many followers you have (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc). So how do you encourage people to like, comment and share posts?

No great secret, it is very similar to what you need to do on a forum. You need to motivate people to do these things. It isn't just about having great content.

Make sense?

• john unfeatured this topic

Archived