Your Ad Could Be Here

Sterix

Sterix

Hi. My name is Martin and I'm from Oldham, England. I'm a lyricist and have been writing songs for over 30 years. I do write them to music - but only in my head as I don't play any instrument well enough to play/record them (I have a synthesizer and a recorder but I can't play either more than putting a couple of notes together). So I have had to remember them in my head (given I have a terrible memory it's surprising how many I can recall!).

Last year I joined my first songwriting forum and recently I've managed to convince a few people my lyrics are worthy of their music and done a few collaborations (mainlly one-off songs, although I'm writing most of an album for one particular group). But I'm hungry for more so I thought I'd look to other forums to see if anyone was interested.

So here I am. Hello!

• Like 2

Hello Martin, 

Welcome to Songstuff! Sounds like you've been having fun. We have a  great group of writers and musicians at all levels..and a Collaboration board. Jump on in. See you around the boards.

:)

Peggy

• Like 1

Hi Martin!

Welcome to Songstuff!

I can be more specific than Peggy, so... yeah, it's good to start going around the boards and interacting, sharing experience and works, and identifying potential collaborators!

It might be hard sometimes to remember all the melodies! Don't you even record a bit of raw singing or something, so they keep more "stable" during longer?

Looking forward reading something from you! Or listening to some of your collabs!

See you around!

12 minutes ago, Michan said:

It might be hard sometimes to remember all the melodies! Don't you even record a bit of raw singing or something, so they keep more "stable" during longer?

Hi Michan, I have recorded some of them (occasionally I can sing - though usually at karaoke when I've had several too many and my voice has been machined all to death!). I occasionally record a vocal when I'm writing a new song - when I really like the tune/melody that is - but I'm just not that organised to be honest. I do mean to do redord vocals for the ones I can rememeber at some stage (have done a few) as I'm getting on now and coming to the realisation I'm not going to live forever, so if I want my songs to I'd better-well do something about it myself).

My priority at the moment is actually collecting them all together - I have hundreds of them (I've written up - or rewritten - 3-to-4 hundred song lyrics in the last year alone. I've got tonnes of papers/scans to go through yet (most being rewritten, if only a little, as I've matured as a writer since most of them were written.

28 minutes ago, Peggy said:

Hello Martin, 

Welcome to Songstuff! Sounds like you've been having fun. We have a  great group of writers and musicians at all levels..and a Collaboration board. Jump on in. See you around the boards.

:)

Peggy

Hi Peggy, looking forward to meeting new people and, hopefully, one or two musicians in need of a wordsmith. :D

• Like 1

Good luck with that! It seems like a lot of work!

I normally work directly over somebody else's tracks, but when I come with a melody in my head and write to that, I really feel the need to record it because I've experienced already the bad thing of getting something cool in my mind, not having the chance to work over it, and later, when I get some time, it's totally forgotten!

I hope you post something soon in the lyrics section so we can check it out! This site is a good place to get a bit of help with lyrics that somehow got a bit stuck, or we are afraid might not be working properly!