Your Ad Could Be Here

Can an old country folk picker sit in with your jam session?

LaMar

• Noob

Hi folks,  I am an old country and folk picker that writes songs as a hobby and to entertain or annoy people as the case calls for.

I was a professional educator in treatment centers for high risk adolescents and music was one of the way we reached those kids. Many of my songs are based on their and my own experiences and some are inspirational and some can be down right dark as we confront the demon and dragons in our lives. If my song doesn't grab you by the balz I missed the mark and you will probably love or hate my songs because they made you feel something uncomfortable.

I am retired now but they let me do live gigs occasionally at folk festivals and I do some of my songs A Cappella with just the audience for chorus and a beat.

I am a self taught acoustic guitar player and have my own pick and strum style and my guitar is often out of tune... but it matches my voice.

I was a member on songwriter101 and a few other forums for awhile but those are not very active these days so thought I would see if this forum is more lively and I like to share my own songs and help people with lyrics and ideas.

I am getting old now so my goal is to find a young up and coming musical poet that will take my lyrics and put them to better music and a better voice and maybe help them get their career going.  Never let your song die inside you as someone said.

I have had a couple of my songs recorded on other independent artists albums but nothing professional and I publish as an independent artist under ASCAP and BMI.

So that's my story and here are a few of my older songs.

Edited by LaMar
Grammar
  • Like 2

Very nice intro LaMar!

Welcome to Songstuff! This is a really good place to share your experience and find people to work with!

I was checking some of your songs, they transmit a melancholic but calm vibe. I hope you can soon share your songs + lyrics around, since I am not native English speaker and I can't really pick all what you are saying... but I'm sure it will be very nice to read!

I've seen you've been around the boards already! It's the best place to get to know others! I hope you enjoy it here!

See you around!

• Noob
7 minutes ago, Michan said:

. I hope you can soon share your songs + lyrics around, since I am not native English speaker and I can't really pick all what you are saying... but I'm sure it will be very nice to read!

Thanks, Michan!

Yes I will post those songs with the lyrics as soon as I get my 10 critiques done 

I think it helps to see the lyrics when you critique any song and you can learn a lot from how a song is structured and how to make them better. Good songs lyrics and music  are mathematically balanced to be pleasing to listen to and want to make you sing along. Our brains are hard wired to recognize pleasing patterns and a bad song is usually a result of bad mathematical balance.. or a bad singer lol!

Best!

Edited by LaMar
Grammar dangit!
  • Like 1

Hi LaMar,

Welcome to Songstuff!  Nice to have you join the community.  Very cool (and touching) to be able to have ways to use your songwriting and love for music to reach out and help.   Enjoyed listening and will see you on the boards.

:)

Peggy