Your Ad Could Be Here

Getting an electric repainted a different colour

I've always hated the Atlantic white of my Aria Pro II 615 but loved the actual feel of the guitar. Any idea where and how much a paint job would cost - maybe it's just not worth it - it's a late 90's guitar and cost around £240 - I've had it most of it's life although it was bought as a used guitar - it's in perfect condition.

You can do it yourself. It all depends on how perfect you want it to look. Take off the strings and get some painters tape. Tape off all the parts you don't want painted. You will then need to prep the body with a light sand paper. Then pick out the new paint, acrylic paint in a small jar from any paint store. Apply with a rag and small brush. Work it into the wood. Let it dry. Apply several coats. After then there are some clear coat products you can use to get that shine . You will want to buff it. I'm doing a terrible job explaining here, There are a million YouTube videos that can walk you through it. I've only done it once and it turned out ok but it wasn't a fancy bass. It's not really rocket science though. Just need to be patient and apply in several coats.

This guy does a good job . He takes the guitar completely apart. I didn't do that only protected the parts I didn't want painted.

Archived