Your Ad Could Be Here

The first 30 seconds of your song

Do you consider the importance of the first 30 seconds of your song?  This is a really good article from BMI that I've found relevant in my discovering of released songs, and whether I continue to listen. What do you think? What do you do in the first 30 seconds?

https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/5-things-to-do-in-the-first-30-seconds-of-your-song

:)

Peggy

The articles already gave the ideas...

Thanks for sharing this.

I think that many of us have this experience anytime we listen to the radio in our car.  (Especially with XM/Sirius radio, which offers hundreds of channels.)  Within the first thirty seconds, we want to hear something "that isn't a loop."  Popular music today is stuffed full of tropes, and we've heard them all.  Literally anything that keeps your music from sounding like the channel next door is probably a very good start.

Archived