Your Ad Could Be Here

Who Loves "QUEEN"?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Excellent band. Freddie was a magnificent one-of-a-kind showman. 

One of the last times I saw them, May was doing the solo to Bohemian Rhapsody and when he does that glide to the high note, he missed it. He tried again and failed a second time. After the song was over he took the guitar off and threw it to the other end of the stage. No one caught it. It wasn't his home made guitar, it was a strat I think. 

• 4 weeks later...

Quite honestly, I think that Queen was (and, still is) "a very good band among many."  These were the times when the technology of music making and recording was vastly more expensive and labor-intensive than it now is, and when the marketing of music was also very different.  Record companies were making extremely expensive gambles on you, and pouring millions of dollars or pounds into promoting everything that you did.  They might even be persuaded to back a 13-minute song.

But, at that time, there were many fabulous bands, all producing fabulous music that has become iconic today.  And, you really didn't know what any one of the major players was going to do next.  (The Moody Blues, for example, teamed up with an orchestra.)  Every album seemed to be a new experiment.  Queen was definitely doing very interesting and generally very commercial things, but in my LP collection they never particularly "stood out."

Archived