Your Ad Could Be Here

umm... hi?

satellitesongs

• Noob

awkwardly shuffling into the room, staying close to the walls, looking for friendly faces...

Hi, I'm Marty currently in Texas but my heart belongs to Northern California.  Profile of satellitesongs more or less matches my profile on both soundcloud and bandmix.com

I'm an amateur songwriter, a lifetime ago I played bass in a DIY pop/alternative (Pixies, VU, Furs, Dino Jr, Pavement) inspired band called Moped Ashleys.  Bar gigs were a great time, and the experience of learning to write my own songs was life-altering.  Since then, I've had to focus on work and family.  Recently picked back up the guitar, and have been bringing arrangements of those old original songs to a low-key open mic night when my schedule allows.  This has kick-started my drive to write new material, and I'm really excited by the most recent batch of songs...

Life right now doesn't have room for regular band practice, or collaborations, and I don't really have anyone to talk with about the process as I continue to discover it.  I found this forum through a quick google search, and will just creep around the conversations for a while, post some rough recordings to my profile, and see what kind of songwriting community I can fit into...

Anyway, thanks for reading this far! I look forward to meeting the other members and having an inspiring discussion or two...

• Like 2

Hi satellitesongs,

Welcome to Songstuff!  A great place to fit in with lots of nice peeps around here working on their music at all levels and interest.  We have a draft song board if you want to post your rough recordings for critique there instead of your profile. 

If you need help finding something just ask. We're all glad to help out. 

See you around the boards.

:)

Peggy (another Texan)

• Like 1

Welcome to Songstuff @satellitesongs!

Keep checking around and interacting with others and you'll finally find a place. But you don't really need to find a very specific one! YOu know you love music, so, you are in the correct site!

Here a singer and lyricist from Spain, but living in Japan. I don't have band neither, but I make songs in collabs with other artists and it's so fun and rewarding! This is also a very great option in which almost anybody can jump in at first!

As Peggy said: if you have any question let us know! Elsewhere just relax and enjoy around here!

See you on the boards!

• Like 1