Your Ad Could Be Here

Accent Timing?

Hey does the accent timing seem off? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to hear it without the accents – which occasionally do occur in bursts that run ahead of the rhythm of the melody.  I'm not sure that it adds anything.  (And if you do decide to keep this element, I think I'd use a different instrument or maybe give it a slight bit of reverb.)

I'd also like to hear the various sections of the orchestra playing parts that do not always coincide – longer, legato parts set against the generally staccato feel of the main melody.

I more or less agree with Mike re- the sections of the orchestra not all playing together. That will require breaking the orchestra into component parts. A little more work but more effective result.

The strong orchestral rhythms are simply fighting with the percussion, not complimenting, and it’s leading to a confusion of sound as they vie with each other. It’s like a straight 4/4 piece and a reggae back line... a struggle that never settles. 

My guess would be that if you highlighted both parts and viewed the notes in your DAW the clashing rhythm would jump out.

Archived