Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi! I’m Cody, your local old timey hobo! Ha

crowfielder

• Noob

Hey folks! So I took the plunge and googled “songwriter workshop forum” or some such and ended up here! Ha. (I’m guessing I’m not alone?)

I’ll tell you a little about what I can bring to the table musically and what I’m hoping to find at the metaphorical potluck! (Everyone always brings a bag of chips or some quinoa gloop amirite?)

I’m a pretty much life long musician dedicated to roots music like string band, ragtime, blues, swing, folk, and all the oddities that fall under the pre-WWII in Americana banner more or less. I’m primarily a plectrum (Jazz) banjoists and piedmont (fingerstyle blues with alternating bass) guitarist, but I dabble haphazardly in fiddle and mandolin as well.
Ive toured nationally, played in historical venues, and been professionally recorded, but I’ve also played my fair share of dive bars and street corners from Seattle to New Orleans to Maine (and back)!

My current focus is just on trying to get a passable (not perfect!) recording together to sell while I busk—that folks won’t feel ripped off by, ha. If this proves a fruitful ground for constructive criticism I definitely welcome it! Or if folks here feel like there’s a more genre-specific forum I might enjoy, I’d love to hear about it!

what I can share is a wealth of history on music theory, guerrilla capitalism (playing in public for dollar$!) and American musicology! Also my compassionate, honest, and constructive opinion on anyone’s work!

(I’ll get real real quick, I’m pretty sensitive and that’s not a great thing when you’re pretty much baring your soul through music! Ha. My main struggle is with confidence and I’m sure there’s folks here who can relate. I’ll always be honest and supportive and I hope that’s a common tone here, cause I’m a little terrified ha.)

I know a lot about building a project from the ground up—sleeping on floors, working the Facebook, building a school bus to tour in—if you’re a DIY musician I’ve probably been there and can offer some insight and encouragement!

Thats me in a nutshell! I’ll post to the critique section at some point but to give folks a feel for my current (solo) project here’s my SoundCloud if you feel like gandering!

Looking forward to what other folks are up to and hearing opinions about my three-raccoons-in-a-trenchcoat attempts to pass as a musician ha.

Cheers and warmest thoughts to all you strummers and singers and dreamers out there!

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-710644551

• Like 2

Hi Cody,

Nice intro. Welcome. You will do best here if you help us by filling in a bit more of your profile, what you do, lyricist/singer songwriter/musician/composer/etc., your musical influences, etc. Then comment on other's works, and then post some of your own. Share. That  way all of us get to know each other better. This helps because we see your profile every time you post anything. I am going to send you a PM, look for it up top.

Hi Cody,

Welcome to Songstuff. Great to see you found our community.  Nice introduction ..Love your experience and energy for creating and performing music. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards, sharing your works and ideas. If you have any questions or need something just ask.  

:)

Peggy