Your Ad Could Be Here

Assino & Delicious Ladies - Search for Love

Hi Ofek,

You need to move this to either "Showcase" or "Song Critique" forums so more people will see it.

It will also help a lot if you fill in your profile, what you do- Singer/songwriter/band/lyricist, who are your influences,  where your from, etc. That way we can know more about who you are. Also, look, listen, watch, and comment/critique others. It is how we all learn.

I think that you've got a delicious vocal performance ... a very nice, melodic intro ... but a general musical arrangement that (IMHO) needs considerably more force, a broader musical spectrum, and timeline-tightening.

In this genre, I more-or-less expect a speculative, melodic intro that lasts about thirty seconds ... really, not much more than that ... after which I expect the song to "break free."  Maybe a riser, not just a thumping-bass, but instead the introduction of considerably more sound and music, encompassing the whole spectrum including the bass.  (Yeah, you can hire an entire symphony orchestra without paying union scale.)  Don't let the sound continue to sound "thin."

Next, I think that you should have a definite set of ideas that the arrangement can move into at roughly 30-to-45 second intervals.  Let one level of complexity evolve into the next, maybe adding instruments.  But, always keep your vocalist firmly in mind as you do it ... it's her song.

To my ears, the last 45 seconds or so of the present arrangement delve into a "musical trope" that really doesn't feel related to what you'd established even 30 seconds earlier:  you indulge in very electronic, very edgy, very high-frequency instruments and the bass isn't there.  2:25 is very different from 2:45-and-beyond, and I don't think it's an improvement.

And you've done that before.

"EDM has certain musical 'tropes' (IMHO)," and in the take-out of this arrangement we certainly see them:  very high-frequency fills, thumping rhythms in the midrange, nothing in the bass, and basically, no melody.  Your vocalist has quite been left behind.  No, I think that you can find the "driving, fairly mechanical rhythms" that I associate wth the EDM genre, without abandoning the vocalist.  I think that you can find an arrangement that has the essential drive without [unnecessarily ...] resorting to the trope.  I've watched a symphony orchestra play EDM.  It can be done.

Archived