Your Ad Could Be Here

Selling a single track, mobile compatible

I helped a friend create an album track for a course about meditation. The track was registered and submitted via CDBaby to many streaming services whose now publish the track for free.

My friend wanted to sell the track for $3 dollars, and that is the price on Itunes, but google sells it for $1 (like it or not as they dont allow price changes), and the track is not even easy to find on the google play music.

I understand mobile platforms and the music industry made things hard, or impossible for us to use our devices the way we would like, and they are the big corps who will suck the money from everyone.

I need a platform where i can sell that track, for $3 bucks, and be IOS and Android compatible. I took a look at soundcloud but i dont see the option to sell the track there.

CDbaby sells the mp3, or i could sell the MP3 on the website yeah, but people are not familiar with a mobile file manager or how to have the track available on their phones after downloading. 

So i am looking for suggestions, where can i sell the track and be easy for the people to find it and play it once purchased on their mobile devices?

Thank you

Many distributors allow you to set the price, like Distrokid, CDBaby, Tunecore, though iTunes, Amazon Music and Google Play all reserve the right to override your price.

Selling via your own site still results in most return, especially if you have less than 3000 existing customers on a mailing list. Less than that and to be honest getting people on your mailing list is generally more valuable.

If I were you I would sell direct, but include full, step-by-step instructions on how to get the mp3 added to their music libraries on iOS, Android, PC and Mac.

An alternative that works for meditation, if you plan several tracks, is to instead create a meditation app. Have a free version and a subscription version. That way you get repeat money and the App Store allows you to set prices with far more flexibility.

Archived