Your Ad Could Be Here

A less-than-'fresh' new Member

I found and joined this community in early 2018 when I was desperate to find a female singer for one particular song for a forthcoming album.  No luck here, or on Bandmix, or other places.  Probably this failure is because I don't know how to ask the right questions in the right way or to 'sell' myself.  So I ended up doing everything myself and, when the album was uploaded to CD-Baby just before December 2019, I started to look around for discussion groups and other ways to relax ... I enjoy TALKING about music as much as I do playing.

I wrote my first song at age 50. It just poured out, like a breach in a dam.  Now, at age 68, I feel fortunate to have had the skills, money, motivation and opportunity to have completed two co-written albums and my 2020 debut solo home-produced triple album "The Flat White Album".  Serendipity is a wonderful thing ... I survived a high-speed motorcycle accident at the end of 2018, walking away sore but with hardly a mark.  So if any music comes bubbling back up after this post-album feet-up 'honeymoon' period, I'll definitely be releasing singles rather than albums ... I'm far more likely to be able to complete something that only takes a month than the three years for the last production!

The album production had a zero-dollar budget.  2020 is the post-album year to complete all the music videos:

Currently 20 videos have been done out of the 30 tracks. Again $0, and I'm also chipping away with no-cost guerrilla marketing to get heard more widely beyond friends and family (especially as I no longer perform to spread the word).

I find it hard to watch/listen to anything passively ... I'm constantly forming opinions and placing things in a framework built over many years. I'm keen to critique the music and video of others, and receive critiques in return.  Hopefully we can stop for a chat by the  various virtual water coolers of this website :) 

• Like 1