Your Ad Could Be Here

Decent Monitors?

I've been using headphones, but I'd like to get a decent set of monitors that will not break the bank, any suggestions?

Thanks,

The Yamaha HS8. Its an active monitor (no need for a power amp) based on the now classic Yamaha NS10. As it has a similar frequency response the only thing to watch is that they have a slight bias towards higher frequencies which can cause you to accidentally boost the bass frequencies in your mix. Use a reference track to listen to and use your monitor mix EQ to boost the monitored bass response to compensate.

Don't get me wrong, all monitors have a bias somewhere. With NS10’s you just know where it is! I might even get these myself.

Another popular monitor is KRK Rokit 5 G3.

HS8's definately have a following! Taking the trip to GC and Sweetwater next week to check them out, thanks for the recommend!

8 hours ago, Danidog said:

HS8's definately have a following! Taking the trip to GC and Sweetwater next week to check them out, thanks for the recommend!

no problem Dan. Happy to help 

• 5 months later...
  • Noob

I’m getting some Presonus E4.5s delivered Friday.

I didn’t have much to spend after dumping the majority of my budget into other items, and these had the best reviews and features... flat response, etc.

just got tired of always using my Beyerdynamic DT 770pro 250ohms to mix

Archived